Learn more about climate change from Maggie Stack.
Hear more from Maggie: BCTalks – Maggie Stack: The Climate Crisis: How Divestment May Just Save the Whales.
Useful articles, webpages, & maps:
- An overview of the science of climate change with responses to many climate denier “arguments.”
- A study on which scientists support or deny anthropogenic (human caused) climate change. Results:
- 97% of scientists who have published >20 peer reviewed articles on climate change agree it is human caused.
- Expert credibility in climate change (Anderegg, Schneider; 2010)
- A history of the Earth’s climate, starting at the formation of our planet:
- A map and list detailing the present and future impacts of climate change
- Interactive map highlighting the major challenges to each region of the world.
- Interactive map showing areas submerged for different amounts of sea level rise.
- Interactive map breaking down the impacts of climate change by country and 7 key indicators (e.g. sea level rise)
- Report which supplied info for above interactive map: Climate Vulnerability Monitor 2nd Ed
- Interactive map ordering countries by how damaging climate change will be. Choose “Direct Risk” to see how strongly impacted countries will be, or “Overall Vulnerability” to normalize the impact with the country’s ability to cope with it.